To make tuition with localmusiclesson.co.uk (LML) fair, all teachers operate under the following terms and conditions. They are there to provide a fair and consistent working relationship between pupil and teacher to avoid disagreement. By starting tuition with LML, you agree to these terms and conditions. These are emailed to you on confirmation of your first lesson with us.
1) In your first lesson with us you are asked to pay for 2 lessons. This is to keep your lesson slot reserved each week with your music teacher and keep you one lesson ahead at all times.
2) Tuition should be paid for by cash or cheque made payable to the individual tutor.
3) Payment for lessons should be paid each week at the start of the lesson.
4) Failure to pay your lesson fees on time will lead to the instant termination of tuition with no notice.
5) Cheques returned unpaid will be subject to a £10 fee for administration plus the individual teacher’s banking costs if any.
6) Fees will be reviewed every September and notice given of these changes on our website, social media or newsletter.
1) 24 hours notice is needed to cancel a regular slot for any reason including illness.
2) All cancellations with less that 24 hours notice will be charged as a full lesson.
3) All cancellations need to be made and acknowledged by your teacher with either a text, return phone call or email to confirm we have received the cancellation. This to make sure the teacher has received the message successfully.
Changing your Lesson Time –
Due to the nature of the job our teachers carry out, lesson times may have to be changed from time to time.
1) Regular lesson times may be changed subject to the agreement of both parties.
2) If the pupil requests a change in day or time and the teacher cannot arrange this then no fees can be refunded. An alternative LML teacher may be offered if they are available at your requested time.
3) If the teacher requests a change of time or day and the pupil cannot arrange this then a full refund of remaining tuition will be due unless an alternative LML teacher can be arranged.
Discontinuing Tuition –
1) If a pupil decides to discontinue tuition, 2 weeks notice should be given.
2) Terminating tuition with no notice will lead to the forfeit of fees paid in advance.